Here’s another interesting tidbit of health info. Dr. Christopher (a well know vitalist herbalist) in speaking of detoxifying the body says, ”Cleansing Sicknesses come in cycles of seven days, seven weeks, seven months, and seven years in most cases…”. Additionally, Malcom Gladwell in his 2008 book Outliers cited a study about airline accidents among other industrial accidents that came to the conclusion that an “accumulation of minor difficulties and seemingly trivial malfunctions” lead up to the tragic event such that, “each of which, had it happened in isolation, would have caused no more than a hiccup in …ordinary operation" (I call this the 7 things theory). I think that is true about our health too. Did you know that autism rates in the US is now 1 in 88 when in the 1980’s it was 1in 2,000 (some sources say 2 in 10,000)? I believe that is in part due to the 7 things theory. Many children are now the 3rd or 4th generation of increasingly heavily vaccinated children, throw in Standard American Diet (SAD), exposure to other toxins, lack of physical activity & electronic media exposure, and genetics and one can easily see how any one of these things can become the trigger to chronic or acute disease.
All this is not to say I don't find value in allopathic medicine. Two years ago my daughter hurt her foot. For several day's she limped around - we thought it was a mild strain. After about a week of limping I grew concerned it was a hairline fracture as I had one myself that took about a week to manifest. So I was grateful to be able to go get x-ray's and learn that treatment for a strain is totally different from a hairline fracture. To me, allopathic medicine is meant to be the last line of defense, not the first.If you want to learn more about these ideas check out the following:
- The China Study
- Eat to Live
- Herbal Home Health Care
- Simple Healthy Tasty
- LDS Scripture: D & C: 89 (especially verse 4)
- National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective
- The Two Most Misleading Numbers in Medicine
- CDC and Merck | Collusion between Government and Drug Companies
- The Peanut Allergy Epidemic: What's Causing It and How to Stop It
Oh yeah, my ideas on these topics have made a 180 degree flip in a 10 year period. In fact I am two courses short of a medical billing and coding certificate. My sister is a nurse (who believes in them) and my mother is a medical assistant who teaches at the local University (who does not believe in them and is full of conflict about it).
P.S. I think it’s important for parents to learn about what they allow to be injected into their children. The info handouts doctors give the parents during well child visits is not all the info parents need to make a fully informed decision. They really need the vaccine inserts, ingredient list, and VAERS reportable eventlist. In my belated research I’ve learned that one child had reactions that I did not recognize them for what they were: sever eczema, throwing up daily for months for no apparent reason, peanut allergy, other allergies. I’ve learned that I should have been asked in more detail about family history of allergies before shots were administered initially and about possible reactions before each subsequent administration.
Another Vaccine Insert source. Another Vaccine Ingredient List (laymans version).
3 comments:
thank you for the study list. i love learning about health related issues. we stopped vaccinating a few years back after i read a list of the ingredients in vaccines. so many things we don't think about until we gain more knowledge. knowledge truly is power!
Lia: Knowledge sure is power, that's why there is a huge effort to suppress some information while simultaneously disseminating false information. It’s so sad, I’m grateful to have found these resources and to a friend who initiated my questioning. It’s quite a journey!
What a great list of resources and great insights to go with them. I'm excited to learn more.
Post a Comment