From As A Man Thinketh

"Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and , shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills:- He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass."

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The More I Read, Study and Learn......

1) The more I realize I don't know much.

2) The more I wish I didn't know.

3) The more I know there is a vast conspiracy that is headed by Satan and it is designed to decimate the family.

How I wish others would do as I'm doing rather then entertain their lives into oblivion. Apathy, entitlement, laziness, irresponsibility, mediocrity - these attitudes are everywhere. I must be a mother who knows, I must go and do and teach, I must be strong and kneel, I must pray as if everything depends on my Father in Heaven and go forth as if everything depends on me...

So often I feel weak and helpless, like a failure...alone...

I can do this!

Right?

5 comments:

KarenB said...

Satan is powerful and his power is seen in so many places today. I was reading in Moses 7 this morning how Enoch "beheld Satan; and he had a great chain in his hand, and it veiled the whole face of the earth with darkness; and he looked up and laughed, and his angels rejoiced."

I read on as God wept for the those who would turn away from Him.

But I also read of God's power,
"And so great was the faith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spake the word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountains fled, even according to his command; and the drivers of water were turned out of their course; and the roar of the lions was heard out of the wilderness; and all nations feared greatly, so powerful was the word of Enoch, and so great was the power of the language which God had given him."

Satan's power doesn't compare. With Heavenly Father's help we can do anything :-)

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Karen, for your encouraging words. :)

Penny said...

I know it's hard, but look at the four beautiful faces of your children and it'll help give you strength and courage.

Krisling said...

I know what you mean. *hugs*

Kitchen Recovery said...

I remember when it first hit me that the more I learn, the more I realize how much there is to learn. It can get overwhelming at times! But it'll all work out in the end if we hold tight.