From As A Man Thinketh

"Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and , shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills:- He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass."

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Guiding Statement of Purpose

I pledge to be a mother who knows, teach my children from the Best books, and question social norms.

I will lay the foundation of faith in God daily thru personal and family study of our personal canon, the scriptures. This will strengthen the framework of family which is the basic whole unit of society (the cultivated person it’s parts). I will educate myself and those in my circle of influence out of classics not textbooks including founding documents and the works our founders studied. My desire is to seek to inspire through example, Gods creations (nature), and closing headgates to those things/activities not in line with true ideals. In our time of easy entertainment, quick fixes, unearned entitlement, lack of self-control, extended childhood, encouraged mediocrity, and wasteful consumerism I will question what I see being accepted and embraced by those nourished with the mind junk food surrounding us. My children will be nourished by whole truth, learn the value of work as they grow into young men and young women (not teenagers), and bloom into strong leaders for future generations.


This was originally published as: My Founders Keepers Pledge

2 comments:

Dahlia said...

Well said. Thank you!

Celeste B. said...

I love it! What a powerful statement on finding truth. I, too, have been working hard in these areas. I have learned so much and still have much to learn. Thank you for sharing!