I just wanted to share how implementing some of the Headgate tips into our lives has worked. The past few days we have been working on purging the living room. We are nearly done and it is beautiful! There is so much less stuff and it is nice to relax in it. Last night my husband said Thanks for working so much to purge our home.
Also, I explained to my two oldest (age 7 & 8) about the Headgate. I showed them this picture and told them they are like the water and I am the farmer. I want what is best for them and I open and close the headgates to guide them where they need to be. You know what I have discovered? If I have to close the headgate on something (for example: they can only play with friends at our house) they do not argue! They just accept it!
So purging and teaching my children the concept of closing the headgate has been a great addition to our family! Yeah!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, All of my children look at books much more now then they did before. My oldest (daughter) has quickly moved from to core to love of learning and is reading chapter books like crazy. My son is now frequently telling me he wants to know how to read. We work on it a little but I want him to really beg me for it because when we do work on it he's not focused. He needs to want it more. But I am confident it will come. Good times, good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment