From As A Man Thinketh

"Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and , shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills:- He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass."

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Had To Share...

When it comes to medicine and my children I used to be such a blindly following fool. With my two eldest children I was vigilant in their "well-child" checkups and vaccinations. I never asked about what was in the vaccinations I allowed them to put into my children and I barely glanced over the papers they gave me after the vaccinations were done. My children always had a minor reaction to them. It didn't bother me.

A dear friend share a site called Ians Voice. It shares the heart wrenching story of Ian who lived only 47 days. It documents in pictures his fatal reaction to the Hep B vaccine. *Warning-it is hard to see*

As I think back on my eldest sons young life I believe he too had a stronger than normal reaction to vaccinations. He now has many allergies with strong reactions, was briefly hospitalized just before 6 wks old, and for the first several months of life he had "eczema" so bad that his only comfort was to be in a snowsuit and swing. I was such a fool! But I was a blessed fool for I still have my precious son.

Please, don't take any information given you by licenced professionals as the final word. Educate yourself. Take a few minutes to check out Ian's story, if you can't handle the pictures then at least look at their page Safer Vaccines. Here is a snippet from that page:


"We hear so much about the good in vaccines from our doctors, friends and other parents. There is good in vaccines, but there is also another side. We want to share the side that Scott and I saw; the side that caused Ian’s death. Knowing both sides of the story may help you make better, more informed decisions.

Consider this: Hepatitis B is not airborne. It is contracted through sex, use of drug needles and blood transfusions. Unless you or your baby is involved in any of these, vaccination is not necessary for your child.

Further, the hepatitis B vaccine is made of baker’s yeast. It is the only man made vaccine. The rest are made from the disease itself. Across the board, parenting books tell us yeast is one of the things to avoid for youngsters because of its high allergic reaction rate in children. Thus, the vaccine they give your child contains a known allergen. Children who are allergic to yeast may have a reaction. How do you know if your newborn is allergic to yeast? You don’t. It’s a gamble. You decide: Does the benefit outweigh the risk?

Why has it been decided that we blanket vaccinate newborns for hepatitis B? The poorer population, which tends to have the virus, was not bringing their children in for follow-up vaccination. So they decided to hit the entire population. In other words, for a few they target all. That hardly seems necessary to me."

1 comment:

Carlia said...

thanks for this rebekah. i hope you don't mind, but i am going to copy some of this and post it on my blog!