From As A Man Thinketh

"Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and , shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills:- He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass."

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Testimony on Government

"We have to know our stance and Gods teachings on such things, study it out with the spirit, and not allow seeds of persuasion from mere humans become our mantra. I have a firm testimony that bigger government full of bureaucracy, experts, micromanaging rules and regulations, and entitlements are not how Heavenly Father governs. I believe the Founding Fathers of our great country studied broadly and deeply and were inspired by God to establish the checks and balances they did with our Constitution. I know they intended the Constitution (including the Bill of Rights) to be a document of limitations for the Federal Government and the States and Cities, Towns, and ultimately people were meant to have most sway at their most local form of government with a trickle up influence. I bear witness that what our government is doing now is not following their limitations; it is too big and in too much debt. I know those candidates who support "social justice" rules and regulations, redistribution of wealth, and forced charity (like Obama and many democrats) are supporting Satan’s counterfeit for the Gospel. Many of them have replaced a faith in God and standards of true principles with their own brand of "religion" (in part, the green movement) that I'm sure many of them have been deceived into believing they are doing good by. I know much of what is being pushed for laws, etc. is devoid of the true source of charity and love and these popular movements and laws strike at destroying the family. I recognize that many do not see it as they are too focused on entertainment. So I am trying to find and vote for those who say they support smaller government, reductions in spending (if “we the people” have to tighten our belts so should our government), reductions in oversight, moral stances in line with mine, especially strong family values, and reductions in earmarks and entitlements. Murkowski and McAdams don't fit that bill."

3 comments:

Kim said...

That is so well put. Thanks for posting it so I could read it over again. You are an example to to me, and I'm glad we're friends.

Rebekah said...

Thanks for your encouragement! I'm so thankful for learning about TJ Ed that led me to such wonderful friends like you.

Being A Mother Who Knows said...

Thanks for posting this information! It is vital we know and understand this.