A lot of great conversation has been going on in TJ Ed blog world lately. A recent free e-book came out called The Headgate, which provides ideas and reasons for closing paths we don't want our children going down (I would add ourselves as we need to teach by example). I have read it 1 1/3 times and I have read all the thoughts on it from several great blogs: The Tale of Our Quest and The Lazy Organizer. Another blog I follow has started analyzing various things and activities we do in a Tool or Toy format. Can I just say AWESOME ideas! I am s-l-o-w-l-y,
I repeat S-L-O-W-L-Y,
starting to implement some of the ideas and I am happy. I know upon first reading many people will think this information is extreme. But if you ponder it and compare it with teachings from some of the following articles, I’m sure you will find much of this material rings true too.
Mothers Who Know
Good, Better, Best
Your Refined Heavenly Home
Zion in the midst of Babylon
Watching with All Perseverance
8 comments:
I've been hearing a lot of talk about the Headgate article as well. Jake and I read it out loud together the other day. We had a very interesting conversation about it.
I definitely believe there are true principles that can be pulled from the article and would help to strengthen families. There were other things that I didn't agree with her implementation of.
I believe that FEC and inventories are the best way to apply what we learn to our family in the best way possible. Thank you for your example! I enjoy reading your posts!
Thanks Amy for your comment. I agree with you that we need to use FEC and inventories to decide how to impliment the Headgate ideas in our personal lives.
Sadly many people out there read it as a "must follow it to the letter" document rather than a guide. I'd like to know more of your thoughts on it. It sure is tough getting off the conveyor belt mindset huh?! :)
Someday I'll post more often then I do now! Just tough with so many little ones, my season will come. Sigh...
Thanks for linking my blog - that headgates e-book is quite the powerful little document - it sure got me thinking!
What are you implementing? I listened to her talk from the TJEd conference again last weekend and I loved it even more this time around. There is a lot of truth in what she says.
Thanks for the articles - I haven't read that last one - I think I'll read it tomorrow.
Thanks for the links. I have read a couple but just printed the others to read. I have read and am pondering the Headgates article as well as following lots of the blogging about it. My mind is literally spinning, so many thoughts. So much to sort through and distill for use in our own family.
Thanks for linking my blog also. I'm glad you've enjoyed the articles. There certainly has been a great discussion going on in blogland!
Karen: Although I have been doing TJ Ed for about a year I have yet to do a 6month purge. So purging big time is our primary focus. A week before The Headgate came out we had put the TV on a cart and gotten rid of a lot of movies and cable.
Kassie: There is a lot to sort through and think about. My trouble is spending too much time in the reading and not enough time in the doing! I'm working on that though. :)
Idaho Sutters: Your welcome. LOL! I have been sick the past few days and sleeping a lot. One morning I had your Sleep Tool or Toy blog going through my head. I kept telling myself it is not a toy to sleep so much when I'm so sick!
I've been reading over the last two weeks posts and when I went to read the talks you linked to I found that four of the five linked to Zion in the midst of Babylon. Obviously that is an important one!
Thanks, Angela. I fixed it! Guess I should have checked the links myself!
Post a Comment