From As A Man Thinketh

"Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and , shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills:- He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass."

Monday, October 26, 2009

Note of Gratitude

Last week as we were heading into town a dump truck heading the opposite way had an unsecured load of rocks and gravel that came tumbling out. Rocks hit our vehicle and three others. Glass sprayed us clear to the back row. I had to pick glass off my baby's head and eyelid. Thankfully,the guy was caught. His insurance came out last Friday to assess the damage. This morning he called to tell us what they will pay us for the damage.

Now... our van is a 1986 GMC Safari. It has over 200,000 miles on it. The back doors won't open, the driver handle is broken, you can't open the sliding door from the inside, the front grill is broken, and the heater is run by toggle switches. She is an OOOLLLDDD lady! It is a miracle and a blessing that she continues to work for us. We knew it was time to retire her and so a few days before the accident happened we had started the paperwork to close on a new van for our family. I have the paperwork from the dealer to send back tomorrow in fact. The dealer already has the money from the bank and we should get it the beginning of November.

So, what was at first looked at as a bad trial God turned into a huge blessing. Miracle of miracles, the insurance is sending us a check for over $1300! We know this is a blessing! Heavenly Father is so good to us! When I think of all he has blessed us with this year I am overwhelmed! I know I need to express my gratitude more. And so I post this note of gratitude.

No comments: